Friday, July 18, 2014

Avocados are Yummy

I went grocery shopping and bought four avocados. For those who love avocado, you know that this is dangerous because this lovely, creamy fruit has a very small window of deliciousness.

But I was prepared. I have recipes lined up that feature avocado, and the one I tried yesterday was just an experiment. A delicious, delicious experiment.

I present Avocado Mint Chicken Salad.


And the recipe I threw together was too much for the amount of chicken I made, so I put the rest in a bowl, and yes...it is a perfect dip for chips and crackers too.




Here's the recipe. As I said, I just threw it together, so adjust as necessary.


Avocado Mint Chicken Salad

Blend the following in the food processor: 
2 avocados
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
6 mint leaves (I'll probably add more next time.)
Juice from 1 lime
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix with 2 cups of chopped chicken. (I cooked my chicken with rosemary & garlic in the slow cooker.)

Or don't mix with chicken and enjoy with bread, crackers, or chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment