Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ten Month Report

I promised myself that one of these reports would actually be written and posted on the 7th...or at least the 8th. Oh well, as is the way of the twin mommy.

The girls had their well visit at the beginning of the month. As if I didn't know already, I have two very healthy growing young ladies. Lillie is 28 5/8" tall and weighs 18 lbs, 14.5 oz. She's in the 40th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Dani is 28 3/4" tall and weighs 17 lbs, 7.5 oz. She's in the 20th percentile for weight and 75th for height.

The girls are now allowed to have any and all kinds of food except for peanuts and peanut products. They won't be having bananas yet, though, because I'm still paranoid. I'll give them bananas after they turn one. We've started working more seriously with sippy cups and a couple ounces of whole milk. They both love the milk. Dani seems to be better with a straw while Lillie likes the traditional sippy better. I can't decide if I should try to get them both to use both or just let them be with a straw and a regular sippy.

Dani has basically mastered standing on her own. She can now stand up from a squatting position. Lillie will take steps while holding your hand, and she's become quite the little cruiser. Dani still thinks crawling is the best way to go, but you can get her to take a step or two while holding your hand before she flops back on the ground and speeds away.

They've both learned to clap, which is far cuter than I thought it would be. Dani claps randomly, but I can usually get Lillie to mimic me after we sing "Peas Porridge Hot."

Lillie has another tooth coming in, bringing her total to seven. Dani has two more coming in, bringing her total to four. They've both become excellent snackers. They love Cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts and these wonderful Wagon Wheels Gerber makes. They do not like hummus, but maybe that's just too strong a flavor right now. Lillie likes spinach and artichoke dip! (She stole some from Nana when we were out to dinner.) They both loved the chopped spinach with zucchini and squash. Yay! They are not like their grandma who hates spinach.

The napping is still a little wacky, but Dr. Triggs said to keep pushing two naps. On Thursday, they both took two naps over an hour each. I was sooooo happy. Plus, they've been sleeping through the night again...which I've probably just jinxed by sharing. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment